Wednesday 11 June 2014

The Love Legacy - Generation 3 Chapter 30


Hello everyone and welcome back to the Love Legacy!

Last time we left Michael and Susan just about to sail away for a new adventure in the hope to avoid being separated for the rest of their lives...



Michael: are we there yet?


Morgana: nope, we just left, it's not that close to land, being a stranded island, you know...

Susan: but how long will it take to get there? I'm starting to feel seasick...

Morgana: it depends on the wind...we're lucky the weather is fine but the wind not being strong won't make us sail any faster...

Morgana: but it's almost sunset and we can't see land anywhere... I guess we'll be there in the middle of the night or by early morning at the latest!


Susan: at night! I thought we would get there sooner...


Michael: good, it's good that it's a far away secluded place, nobody will find us! Right?

Morgana:  ...but are you really sure of what you're doing? You're just kids....think how much your families will worry when they find out you've left!

Michael: Reese, Amy and Alice are covering for us. And you and Evan are in the plan too, so don't even think of betraying us!

Morgana: I agreed because I don't like to see two affectionate kids like you to be split apart...nobody in love should be forced to separate!

Susan: are you talking about you and Damien?

Morgana: ...you're such a clever kid...

Michael: is he staying here or is he going back to Appaloosa Plains?

Morgana: he wants to stay...

Susan: good! So you have no problems at all, your lives are happy ones!

Morgana: yeah but...we haven't known each other for long...what if he stays and then it turns out we're not really in love? I had never been in love before...I don't know what it's supposed to be...how do you know you're in love with someone? How do you know it will last? I don't know anything! How can I commit to something...I don't even know it exists?

Michael: wow you do make your life harder! I don't see the issue, really....look at us, we just know we're right for each other and want be together forever! That's so simple! I don't see why you're making it so complicated...love is such a simple matter...you meet the one person that makes you feel special and that's it!

Morgana: aaah I wish it was just like that...but it's harder when you grow up you know... oh well, look! Land! We're almost there!


Susan: I see a house I see a house!


Michael: but it's not really a house it's more like a hut...


Morgana: welcome to our island! This is where I was born and where I spent the early years of my life... now I think we should swim ashore...



Morgana: you go on I feel....unwell....eugh I hate sea sickness!



Michael: wow this place is amazing!!! It's perfect for us, right Susie?



Morgana: there, it looks better with the lights on...



Morgana: home sweet home....how much I have missed you....



Michael: cool, a tent! I want to sleep in there! It'll really look like we're really stranded!! Come on Susie, it's late, let's go to sleep! We're going to have a long day tomorrow, the first day of our new life as Robinson Crusoe!



Michael: nighty night people! There's room for you in the tent too, Susie! I'll be waiting for you!



Michael: *yawns* mooorning....hey Susie, have you been there all night? I thought you would come into the tent to sleep but didn't hear you...


Susan: of course I slept in the tent, close to you, but you were so fast asleep that you didn't even notice me! Oh and you do snore a lot, did you know?


Susan: This morning when I woke up you were still fast asleep so I came out to play...look what I found, a dollhouse!


Michael: cool...now that we have a dollhouse in a stranded island, we know that we can survive!

Susan: honestly....

Michael: sorry, only joking! I wonder who brought it here and why?

Morgana: it was mine! Uncle Ricky built it for me when I was just a toddler! Aaah sweet memories...


Morgana: but now, come here and have something to eat!



Susan: er...is that usual to roast marshmallows on a stranded island?


Michael: they're good!

Susan: yeah but I thought you would eat fish or vegetables and the like when you're lost in the middle of nowhere...did you use to eat marshmallows when you were here, Morgana? Did you grow up on those?


Morgana: of course not! We mostly ate fish and some vegetables and fruits yes...but since we are now living in the civilized world, I thought I would bring some marshmallows to roast on the fire...they're delicious!



Morgana: but now I think it's time for me to go! It's getting darker and I feel a storm might strike tonight...

Susan: a storm! That's scary...why don't you stay with us?

Morgana: I can't, I have to go back...it's part of the plan, you know that...but don't worry, you enjoy the rest of the day and tomorrow morning Evan will be here!

Michael: rest of the day? It's only morning!

Morgana: actually, it's almost sunset...you've overslept Mickey! I believe the journey in the boat has been a little tiring for you....

Michael: I can't believe I spent my first day as Robinson Crusoe....sleeping!

Susan: *giggles*


Morgana: ouch! Stupid mosquitoes! Watch out kids, it's full of nasty annoying mosquitoes in here! Don't let them bite you too much otherwise...


Susan: we die?

Morgana: no, but you'll spend the rest of your days scratching yourselves! Now, time to go! Bye kids, stay safe! And don't worry, Evan will be here tomorrow morning to check that you survived the night!


Susan: why...is it possible that we don't?


Michael: no way, I'm here to protect you!

Susan: so that's it then....now we're all alone...a little scary, isn't it? What shall we do now?

Michael: I have an idea....

Michael: let's play in the ocean at night! Nobody's here to tell us off right? We can do whatever we like, we can even play the whole night long and get no sleep! We can do whatever we want, the world is ours!

Susan: yes! We're free! It's an amazing feeling!!


Susan: although it's a bit scary to be lost in the middle of nowhere...and in the darkness...isn't it? I definitely like daylight more...


Michael: oh, don't worry Susie, you're not alone, I'm here!

Susie: yes I know Mickey, but still, don't you feel scared?

Michael: not if we're together! Come on, let's roast more marshmallows! None's around to tell us not to eat too much junk food!


Susan: I'd have never thought I would say that but...I'd love to eat some fish! Junk food is fun but...living in the fresh air...I think it requires more healthy food...to stay healthy!


Michael: okay then, we'll go fishing tomorrow! As first thing!


Susan: hopefully it won't rain! Look it just started!


Michael: the storm Morgana was talking about...it's here...

Susan: Mickey I'm cold...let's get inside, up the ladder!


June: Arni, I'm worried...I haven't seen Michael for the whole day now...and now that I think of it, I haven't seen Susan either!


Arni: you're worrying too much, honey, I'm sure they're somewhere having fun!

June: yes but don't you think it's weird all the other kids are here...but them?


Orlando: hey girls, how are ya doing? Not stealing one of your friends place, am I?


Alice: nope...

Orlando: well, that's weird then! You lot always stick together! Where are your brother and his little girlfriend?

Alice: uh...they....they're not here...


Orlando: of course they aren't, I can see that...


Alice: yeah of course...

Orlando: or is there something else? You seem... tense...and you shouldn't be tense! You're kids, just go around have some fun!

Amy: don't worry Orlando, nothing important...just my sister being silly...

Alice: I'm not being silly, I'm worried! Can't you see there's a storm raging outside?

Orlando: yes I can see that but I don't see why you're worried...

Alice: I was actually talking to Amy and anyway...I...

Orlando: you what?

Amy: nothing, nothing at all, I told you, she's just being silly...

Alice: I'm not! Honestly Amy, aren't you worried? Besides I think someone else should know...our cover up is not enough anymore...besides, we hadn't thought about a storm coming...

Amy: but Alice! The plan!

Orlando: what plan? What cover up? What's going on here?

Alice: I'll tell you if you promise you won't say a word to anyone else...


Michael: there you are Susi, catch that!


Susan: ouch! I didn't expect that Mickey! But if you want to fight...so be it!


Susan: mighty power of pillow come to meeee!



Michael: hahaha pillow fighting at night, in the rain, it's so much fun!


Susan: definitely! I'm not scared anymore now! But hey, what do you think the others are doing? Do you think they're worried?

Michael: I don't think so...and even if they are, I don't care! They deserve it for trying to separate us...nobody can do that!

Susan: .....I don't want to spoil the fun but...we've been missing for almost two days now...you do realise someone is going to figure the whole thing out and come here to get us back, don't you?

Michael: perhaps...but I hope they don't!

Susan: do you really want to live like this forever? If you could choose...

Michael: .....


Michael couldn't sleep that night....Susan's words had lit a doubt in his mind...he had always been sure they would be together forever, on this island if it wasn't possible to go back to the main land and to the lives they had before coming to the resort...but perhaps living on the island would get boring at some point, maybe Susan wouldn't like it so much, maybe she would prefer a place where you can go out for coffee or shopping...he hadn't thought about that kind of things! Who knew what a girl could like?



He had thought being together would be enough, wherever they were, but maybe it wasn't enough...they were just kids after all! And although he didn't want to admit it, he was missing his family...



Susan: there you are Mickey! I was worried when I didn't find you asleep in bed!


Michael: I woke up early...there were things going on in my mind...I had to think...


Susan: and what did you think about?


Michael: us! Being here and everything...being just kids...with families who are probably worried to death by now...

Susan: I know...but what we can do about that? We're just....


Michael: kids...I know...and I also understand now that we can't live here for the rest of our lives... you need a place where you can...I don't know, go shopping?


Susan: *giggles* I don't care much about shopping...

Michael: well, I don't know what a teenage girl likes! My sister likes shopping...anyway, we're almost teens now and I guess we will change...or at least I guess girls change, I would be perfectly happy in here...however, what I want to say is that I believe we'll have to go back to the civilized world at some point... I just hope the adults got scared enough not to try to separate us again!

Susan: and what if---

Michael: I don't want to think of the "what if" possibility. We need to be positive and happy so that the worst cannot happen...but I do know that at some point we need to go back...I know you missed the civilized life, probably more than me...but I miss my siblings...and mum and dad too...


Susan: I know... I love you Mickey, you're a wonderful person and fill my heart with joy!



Evan: hey guys, feeling a bit sentimental today?


Susan: *gasps*

Michael: uh..wha--


Michael: Evan! I had forgotten you were coming!


Evan: why thank you...I'm the one checking to see if you're alive...the one bringing extra food...I really hoped I wouldn't be forgettable...

Susan: sorry Evan, you're definitely not forgettable, what Mickey wanted to say was that we didn't expect you to get here so early in the morning!

Evan: I swam the whole night you know...

Michael: well, thank you man, you're doing a great thing for us...

Evan: I still don't know why I'm doing it though...a favour to my sister perhaps...or maybe I just don't like seeing you guys sad...

Susan: and how are things in the main land? Are they mad that we disappeared?


Evan: well, last night your mum freaked out Mickey...


Michael: oh no.... and what happened? Did she find out?

Evan: no...but your sisters were worried...with the storm and everything...and I think they entrusted Orlando with the secret...Alice was pretty scared you know...

Michael: I can imagine... so, I guess it's over, I guess everybody knows it...

Evan: quite the contrary! Your father said your mother was worrying for nothing and, as Amy had said, you must be with Susan enjoying your last nights together and she shouldn't bother you...after all you were just about to be separated from the love of your life, you should have some space!

Susan: wow,  I would have never thought I'd say that but...Amy's a genius! She even convinced your dad!

Michael: but I doubt that mum was fooled...what's going to happen when she wakes up today and find out that we're still missing? The cover up is not going to hold...she will find out...but I really don't want to be sent back to Appaloosa Plains without Susie, period! You should tell her when she finds out!

Susan: Mickey...

Evan: well, I don't know if she found out or not, I left when everybody else was still fast asleep...


Susan: thank you for what you're doing for us, Evan! However it will end...


Michael: there's only one ending, which is me and you living in the same town, wherever it may be!

Evan: I'm sorry guys, that's all I can do for you...I really hope your plan will work but...in case it won't...I guess you'll have no choice...after all, you're just ---

Michael: kids! I know that! I so wish I was a grown up man already! It's all so frustrating!!


June: morning guys....hey, Catherine, have you seen your brother this morning?


Catherine: Tobias? Yeah he's still snoring in his bed...

June: no, I meant Michael...I think I haven't seen him for a whole day now...or maybe more? I can't remember....

Catherine: uhm, no I don't think I've seen him...hey, everything alright mum? Why did you come to breakfast with your night wear? I really don't want to see the sexy items you and dad---

June: Catherine!!!

Catherine: sorry mum, it's just...I have never seen you wearing a sexy nightie before...I thought it a bit odd that you started wearing one of those things...for breakfast...in a resort.... so I thought something must be wrong and---

Alice: .....I don't think I want to hear this conversation...

June: enough Catherine! Anyone else has seen Michael? I'm starting to get very worried here...

Alice: ....

Morgana: ....

Catherine: uh, maybe Morgana has seen him?

Morgana: *coughs* me? Why should I have seen him? I---uh---I don't think I have....


June: holy plumbob I'm so worried! Something happened, I know it!


Arni: honey, calm down, let's reason together....

Amy: .....


Amy: sister... I think this is getting out of hand...


Alice: I know, I didn't expect mum to freak out like this!

Amy: but we shall resist, shan't we?

Alice: yeah, Reese said that Evan went to check on them...but they don't think they were endangered by the storm...


Amy: so we keep it going, till we can't do otherwise...


Alice: exactly...

Giselle: uhm....I think those two know more than they are telling....

Alice: *whispers* Amy...I think aunt Giselle suspects something....she's looking at us...with a weird look in her eyes...

Orlando: ....

Orlando: man, I feel so awkward! I know something but it's a secret and I promised I wouldn't tell anyone....on the other hand, poor June is suffering and is scared! Someone should really tell her the truth, she's going mad! But it won't be me...I hope someone else does...


Morgana: Amy....everything alright...


Amy: yeah...till your mum decided to question Alice...I think she suspects something...

Morgana: actually I think it's time to tell them the truth...can't you see how much your mum is suffering? Don't you feel bad for her?

Amy: I do...but I also feel bad for my brother! And if we give them out and they come back....I fear nothing will change and Susie will still have to go back to Monte Vista... not that I like her but...my brother does so...

Giselle: WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY???!!!

Amy: uh-oh....


Alice: now, don't be so shocked, aunt Giselle...we couldn't let them to be split apart and stay there watching, could we?


Giselle: but....but....are you insane? They're just kids! What do you mean you sent them away? Sent them where?

Alice: that I will not tell! I won't betray my brother! But they're fine, Morgana and Evan made sure that they are okay....and Orlando said---

Orlando: woah, wait, don't put me into this okay? I didn't say anything...


Giselle: did you just say Morgana?


Alice: well...

Giselle: what does my daughter have to do with this matter?

Alice: she sailed with them...to the place...to make sure they were okay...honestly, you didn't expect that we left them on a boat in the middle of the ocean all by themselves, did you?


June: I don't get it...what is Alice talking about with Giselle?


Hildur: apparently they know where Michael and Susan are!


June: oh my goodness...so they're alive!!! Oh my I feel like I want to cry!


Giselle: now, are you happy of the pain and the mess you caused?

Alice: but it was for a good reason! It is for a good reason!


Giselle: and you, Morgana....I really think we should have a chat...


Alice: don't tell her Morgana...

Amy: not till they promise they won't break them apart!

Morgana: I can't do it, Amy...now it's too late, they must know...

Alice: after all this effort! You can't just give us away like this!


Giselle: so tell me, sweet daughter of mine...


Giselle: how on earth could you think of taking part into such a madness?

Morgana: mum, I can explain...

Giselle: and what did Amy mean by "not till they promise they won't break them apart"? Come on, tell mummy before you get grounded for the rest of the week!

Morgana: mum...

Arni: I can't believe it! They've always known where my son was...and didn't say anything! They saw my wife panicking...and didn't say anything! I can't believe it! Honestly I expected more...from my daughters at least...

Hildur: relax, brother...can't you see why they did it?

Arni: not really...

Hildur: they didn't want you to separate Michael from his sweetheart and to break his heart in doing so! They love their brother so much so many of them were involved in this plan! That's sweet...

Arni: yes but look what they caused...June....

Hildur: I know, but look at the situation from their eyes! If it had been you and June, in Michael and Susan's place...I would have done it, for you, for my big brother! As your daughters organized what they thought best, to make their big brother happy...


Morgana: heard what Hildur said? She just took the words out of my mouth!


Giselle: Michael is not your brother, Morgana...

Morgana: of course he isn't, but they're just kids, they needed someone to make sure they were fine! And that's when Evan and me came into the picture!


June: still, I can't believe none of you told me! You saw how panicked I was! And you didn't say anything! I may understand your reasons....maybe....but you should have told us!



Arni: but my sister is right, June...if you look at it from their point of view....besides, no need to get mad now, we know that Michael and Susan are fine and we can go find them and bring them back here. Where did you say they were?


June: I didn't....I don't think anyone has really said it yet...


June: Morgana, please...we really need to know where they are...


Morgana: will you let them to be together? When they're back?

June: that decision does not rest upon me, Morgana...if it was for me, I would keep Susan with us but her mum has the right to have her back, it's nobody's fault, it's just how things are...but please, we need to know where they are, we need to bring them back....


Morgana: .... they are in our island...the island where I was born...



June: where Giselle got stranded?


Morgana: yeah...

Giselle: I can't believe you brought them there! Nobody's been there for ages!!

Morgana: that's not true...I go there, from time to time...it's my home! And Evan too...he's there right now, he went to check that everything was fine...


Arni: so what are we waiting! Let's go there as well!



Amy: but still, things are not gonna change...Susan will still leave, and my brother will be still broken hearted...all this effort and it was worth nothing...



Caroline: don't you even feel a little guilty? It was your decision to bring Susan back with us...


Rafael: not my decision, my sister's decision....I just needed to do what she wanted to be done...and she wants her daughter back, is that a crime?

Caroline: no I don't think so....however look how many broken hearts this caused!

Rafael: yes, but if Susie stayed with your aunt and uncle, then my sister would be the broken hearted one. Would that be better?

Caroline: no...I just wish...life was easier...

Rafael: they're so young! They'll adjust, you'll see...everything will be alright....


Arni: woah this is so cool! I didn't know this boat could go so fast...


June: actually I'm starting to feel .... a little seasick...

Morgana: and this is nothing, imagine how you would feel on a sail boat!


Giselle: there we are guys, almost there!



Giselle: welcome to our island!


June: amazing! So this is where you lived the first years! This is where you were born and grew up Morgana!


Susan: hey guys! Is that...a boat?

Michael: a boat? Where?


Susan: are those....


Michael: mum and dad!! How could they find us?

Evan: damn! How did they find out? Now I'm going to be grounded forever...


Arni: hey look! There they are! I see them!




Giselle: hello kids!

Michael: hey mum...dad...

June: Michael....I hope you do realise what you've done...I hope you do realise how much worry you gave us all...

Michael: but I'd do it again if I had to! Mum, you must understand, you can't just separate us! I know we're just kids, but we know we're meant for each other!


June: oh sweetheart give me a hug...you don't know how much I've missed you!


Michael: I've missed you too...but...you know...there was nothing else I could do...we could not accept it!

Arni: woohoo! We're on a stranded island!! So cool!

Giselle: honestly, I don't think this enthusiasm is quite appropriate....


June: I know hon, but you also have to understand that it's no one's fault...it's just how life is, sometimes it's unfair...



Michael: it's unfair only because people make it to be so! Mum, really, you can't send Susie away! Please!


June: and what do you say about this?


Susan: I don't want to go back to Monte Vista. I want to be with Michael...

Michael: see?

Susan: however, I also miss my mum... and if I had a kid, I think I would want to have her close to me...

Michael: what!!! But you just said...

Susan: that I want to be with you, yes! That's my biggest wish! But since it seems we can't have any say in this matter...and since I understand my mum's feelings as well...

June: oh, Susie, you're such a brave, lovely girl! I'm so proud of you!

Michael: but...after all we've gone through together...you can't just...give up like that...


Susan: I would not want to give up but you can see...we lost...we can't do anything about it, Mickey! I'm so sorry, I really wish it could be different...


Michael: I can't believe it...

Giselle: so, looks like you've been to this island many times since we left...right?

Morgana: yeah...

Giselle: why didn't you tell me?

Morgana: because you wouldn't like it, you hate this place!


Evan: well, if I'm of no use anymore, I'll just go....


Michael: hey Evan, thank you so much for helping us, okay? We really appreciated that...

Evan: no problem, kid! I'm a merman and I enjoyed the long swim! And if my services are no longer needed...

Evan: I'll go back to my merman form and swim back to the resort!

Evan: See you later, folks!


June: there we are, back to the resort again!



Alice: so....didn't work uh?


Michael: it didn't...

Reese: that's too bad, it was a perfect plan!

Amy: what went wrong?

Susan: nothing really, it was a perfect plan it's just...


Susan: we're still kids...can't just go missing without our families getting a heart attack...but you were very kind to help us....


Amy: I'm sorry it didn't work...

Alice: wait a minute....you're sorry for her? And you, Susan, told her she was kind to help? What is wrong with you two! Is the world turning the other way round? You've always hated each other!

Susan: but I guess we have something in common....we both love Michael and want him to be happy, is that right?

Amy: yeah...


Amy: but don't count too much on my kindness, in the future! I still don't like you!


Morgana: aaah, normality again! I was starting to feel bewildered...but apparently the world isn't ending today, yay!


Michael: it looks like everybody forgot about me...about my broken heart...


Michael: if Susie can recover fast, I sure can't! I can't imagine my life without her...I just can't! My life is over...


Arni: you shouldn't be so defeatist, son, it's so middle class!


Michael: what??

Arni: sorry, I was carried away by the quote...erm...I suppose you don't know Lady Violet...

Michael: I say again: what???!

Arni: I guess you don't see much TV, do you?

Michael: dad, did you want to say something?

Arni: oh yeah, I wanted to say: you shouldn't be depressed, son, you're just starting your life, time will heal your wounds and life will go on...and if you and Susie are really destined to be together, you'll meet again, I assure you!

Michael: are you sure?

Arni: 100% positive! Look at me and mum...we thought we had lost each other at some point but then we met again and now we have a wonderful family! Just try to be positive, things will seem different in a few days time...


Amy: but still, I feel so bad for him....



Rafael: honey I hope you understand...June told me what a clever and brave girl you are, you're very wise for your age...


Susan: am I? Even if I was, would that change things? I just tried not to play the despair card not to make Michael even more miserable! But whatever reason mum may have to want me back, I don't care! I want to stay here! And if I can't, well, I'll go back with you two but I won't be happy! Period! Unless you bring me back after seeing mum. That's the deal.

Rafael: sweetheart you know we can't do that, your  mum was very clear on the point...

Susan: well, we shall see! And I really hope for you that you won't see me angry!

Rafael: what do you mean?

Susan: only because....I'm still a kid....it doesn't mean that I...don't have the power to...but I won't be a child for much longer now and when I age up....oh just forget it! I just hope you won't have to see me mad! I'll never forgive you if you don't bring me back here!


Susan: there you are, Michael...


Michael: oh it's you...

Susan: what's up?


Michael: you know... sometimes I think I'm the only one who cares... how can you be so cheerful? Don't you care that we might never see each other again?


Susan: I do care... it's just... there's nothing we can do about it! We already eloped and nothing changed! We're just kids...

Michael: I hate it! People just keep telling that...I hate it! I don't want to be a kid anymore...

Susan: *giggles* well, it's not something you can change either...

Michael: but it's so...frustrating! You always need to depend on others...you can never take your own decisions, unless your parents decide to approve them! You can never do what you really want... really, I can't wait to grow up! Like Tobias...he's just about to age up and go to University, that's what he said...I'd love to be in that stage of life myself...

Susan: I didn't know you were planning to go to University?

Michael: not to go to University, no, just to be able to decide what I want to do with my life and go live with you, marry you, whatever! ...if you want that too, that is...

Susan: I will want it, one day, you know... but there's still a long way to go...

Michael: and who knows if you'll still think like that, when you're older...now we're forced to take separate ways...dad said that life goes on but if we're meant to be together, we'll meet again at some point...

Susan: I think so too...

Michael: I just hope that point won't be too far away in time and space...

Susan: we'll do our best....and in the meanwhile, whatever happens, I'll never forget you, and our promise...

Michael: nor will I...


Susan: Michael! What...


Michael: I don't know when I'll see you again Susie...and I wanted to be your first kiss...and I wanted you to be mine...so you won't forget me...

Susan: and you won't forget me....


And it was finally time to leave the resort and go back to normal life, although the holiday had changed the courses of more than one life, representing a turning point for many.



Nothing would be the same for Michael and Susan, once they went back to Appaloosa Plains and Monte Vista respectively...



And life would change also for the newlyweds Hildur and Theodore, who would follow Theodore's daughter Caroline with her husband Rafael to Monte Vista. While Caroline and Rafael were planning to settle down there, Theodore and Hildur were just paying a visit, before leaving for a long, travelling honeymoon.



Hildur's daughter, Oriana, had decided to stay on the island with her new boyfriend Orlando. It was hard to part from her mother and her sister Caroline, after all they had gone through. But she knew it was finally her turn to be happy and live her own life just like she wanted.

The stay of the Loves at the resort had also changed Morgana's life. Although Damien couldn't make it to the goodbye session due to a bad sunburn, he had asked her to stay on the island and she had agreed. She was scared, of course, and still wasn't sure of her decision - it all had happened so suddenly! - but she had decided not to follow her fears and to jump into the flow of feelings that had recently turned her life upside-down.


The Loves were ready to fly home, but wanted to leave little Michael all the time he wanted to say goodbye to his friend...Michael was a very sensitive boy and his pain was affecting the whole family, so everyone was going home heavy hearted...



Even little Amy, who had always seemed to dislike her brother's friend looked shaken by the situation, and looking at her brother saying goodbye to his sweetheart almost moved her to tears... to her sister Alice this was a total revelation, her twin had feelings after all! Well, she had always known she had feelings, but she also knew her sister was too proud to show any of those. She also felt weak sometimes and that was why she usually behaved in a very bossy way. However, this holiday seemed to have changed her as well, if possible...



Finally it was time to go, parting ways with some, joining lives with others... and life would go on, back to normal, although the life they had known before would not come back.



June: of course! We get home after a lovely holiday and the first thing we find is....bills to pay....of course...



Amy: yay we're home!


Michael: I don't see what's the fun in that, sister...

Amy: don't be so grumpy Mickey! We had a wonderful holiday and now we're back! And I can't wait to go to school!

Michael: since when are you so cheerful, sister? I thought you were the never-happy bossy one...

Amy: well, can't one change one's mind? For once at least? And you'd better cheer up quickly, otherwise they'll think some magical artifact has exchanged our bodies!


Michael: I don't care! I'm broken hearted, I just want to be gloomy and cry and be depressed because my life is over!



Amy: I was just trying to cheer you up, Michael....alas, life is going to be very difficult indeed from now on...



Tobias: poor Michael...I feel for him...


Catherine: it's a sad story, yeah...but hey, don't be so sad, bro! It's your birthday today!

Tobias: I know! So much stuff happened and I almost forgot...


June: hey kiddo, there you are....


Michael: leave me alone, mum...

June: but your brother is having birthday in a few minutes! Come down and celebrate...it'll cheer you up...

Michael: not really...I wish I was having birthday! If I were turning into a young adult things would be very different...

June: you hung new pictures on the wall...nice photos...


Michael: yes...they're beautiful memories..but painful as well...my life is over, mum!


June: no it's not...listen, I understand how you feel, how now that pain but...

Michael: you do?

June: yes! When your dad and I...you know...started dating we were soon separated because I was on holiday in Aurora Skies with my family back then and he was an Aurora Skies resident. I had to come back here.

Michael: oh...

June: and the worst part was, he stopped returning my calls and messages at some point and completely disappeared.

Michael: what! Why?

June: I didn't know, I thought he had forgotten me and I pained quite a lot. But then...

Michael: what happened then?

June: then thanks to your aunt Rebecca I came to know the truth. Well, not about him, not till we went there anyway...the thing was, your uncle Jonas and aunt Hildur were sick and starving and something bad had happened but we had no news of your father...so we went back to Aurora Skies...

Michael: and what did you find out?

June: we found out that Jonas and Hildur were actually sick and starving and living in a barn!

Michael:  what! Why?


June: they happened to live with their grandfather at the time and he had died. Before he died, your dad had gone into the army on a secret mission to earn money to support his siblings and grandfather. When he died, Jonas and Hildur were only teens and would have gone into foster care...that's why they were hiding and living in a barn. They were waiting for your dad to come back home...


Michael: wow...such a sad story...but how did you find them? And how did you meet dad again, in the end?

June: well, we found them thanks to your uncle Karl...we didn't know it back then, but Rebecca had a crush on him already and they had been in touch...and about your dad, I was very happy we had finally solved the mystery, but was very sad not to meet your dad again...specially when I saw aunt Rebecca and aunt Charlotte so in love....I didn't know when and if I would see him again...and if he would still remember me...

Michael: oh my it's so sad! But now I'm curious, tell me the whole thing till the end! How did you meet again?

June: at Charlotte's wedding! He just appeared...out of nowhere! I was there, sitting on a chair, looking at the guests enjoying themselves...and thinking about how sad I was...when I heard someone calling my name, I turned around....and there he was!

Michael: wow!! But how did he get there? How did he find you?

June: again, it was thanks to your uncle Karl...

Michael: again! Wow...he's such a good man! We should see him more often!

June: yeah, well, at the time I didn't...uhm... approve of him...and didn't approve of my sister being with...a vampire...who was twin brother of....

Michael: of whom?

June: no one, no one worthy to be remembered! But that's another story, better to be forgotten! Although your dad was there for me at that time as well...I just hadn't realised....aww sweet memories...

Michael: mum....??

June: sorry kiddo, but you know, when you get old you start being sentimental! Anyway, the point of my story was: don't think your life is over, because if you and Susie are destined to be together...you'll meet again at some point! She'll just appear out of nowhere...

Michael: thanks mum....

June: now, let's go celebrate your brother and have a piece of cake!


Bonehilda: holy plumbob, they're back!


Why, hello Bonehilda...do I detect a note of panic in your voice?

Bonehilda: panic? No panic...I just took some food out of the fridge for them...

You just took it out? It's rotting and smelling! That grilled cheese toast must have been sitting on that counter for a week!

Bonehilda: does it? Oh, yeah, stupid old Bonehilda...


Bonehilda: better clean it up before they see it, then...



Bonehilda: oh, and better take out the trash before they smell it of course! haha



What's wrong with you?


Bonehilda: nothing, why?

Well, there's always something wrong with you, now that I think of it, but today you seem to be crazier than the usual...

Bonehilda: well, if you must know...I kinda had a date with Mr. Grim today!

You WHAT?


Tobias: oh, that bone thing is still here....


Bonehilda: yes, master Tobias, I am still here...

Tobias: but at least she's taking out the trash! That's an improvement...I bet she had a good relaxing time while we were away...good....good...


Sure she did....


Bonehilda: hehehehehehehe....

I really don't wanna know! >.< 

Tobias: what are you two talking about?

Nothing...anyway, happy birthday my precious Toby!!! Happy to grow up?


Tobias: definitely! Because you know, I can't wait to move to University! New place, new life...maybe I'll even meet my dream hot-dog girl again...I know it's stupid, we just met once and never really talked but...I don't know, I kind of felt a connection...like we were made to be together you know?


I do know.....well, I keep my fingers crossed for you Toby! I'm sure you'll have a great time at Uni!


Tobias: oh yes, now it's my time to have fun at last!



Amy: *blows trumpet* happy birthday big brother!



Tobias: *blows candles*



Tobias: yay for meeeee!



Group cheering: happy birthday!!!!!!



Alice: so you did come downstairs! Good to see you here, Mickey...I thought you would never smile again...


Michael: yeah...but it was my duty to celebrate big bro, right? Besides, I want cake!


Tobias: university here I come!



*drum roll*



Tobias: ta-dah! Am I handsome?


O.o !!!!


Amy: yay, brother got girly pigtails!


Arni: don't make fun of him, poor man...


Tobias: better?


Definitely <3


Arni: now you look good! Oh my goodness my son is all grown up!


Catherine: yay my brother's moving out and I'm gonna be the oldest in charge!

Tobias: why, thank you, Catherine...

Catherine: only joking...quite...


Tobias: well, at least I get the first slice! I love this new kind of chocolate birthday cake!



Alice: argh! Can't reach the cake! No room, people!


Amy: what's wrong with you, sis! Plenty of room and chairs! Why are you grumpy? That should be my prerogative...come on get some cake and come and sit here with us!

Alice: umph


Catherine: so, tell me all about university!


Tobias: haven't been there yet, can't tell you anything really...

Catherine: I meant, how is it going to happen? And when?


Catherine: I never considered going to university so I don't know how it works...


Tobias: well, I'll have to take a test and they'll tell me if I get scholarship and for studying which subjects... and then I'll give them a call and a van will come to pick me up...

Catherine: cool....you're gonna meet so many new friends! I envy you a bit on that point...

Amy: Michael, you okay?

Michael: why is everyone even asking? I'm not okay and you know that!

Amy: yes but...well, at least you came down for cake...

Michael: it was big brother's birthday, I had to join the celebrations but after that...I'll just go back to my room to brood...

Amy: look, I miss Susan too but...

Michael: no you don't! You never liked her and you were mean to her! She suffered for that, did you know?

Amy: but I didn't mean to...

June: kids, be quiet....


Catherine: so, I guess the big moment has come...why don't we all go up and see you take the test, Toby?


Tobias: as if I weren't stressed enough already...

Alice: aaah at last I got to reach the cake and get a slice!

...


Amy: but with you gone, Toby, everything's gonna change, isn't it?


June: .......

Tobias: not necessarily! I won't be gone forever, just a semester or two! I can't think of how much you'll have grown, for when I get back! And Michael, you're gonna be a handsome teenager by then!

Michael: as if it was relevant now...

Alice: but I don't wanna grow up! I want to stay a kid forever!

Catherine: what's with those fits....isn't Amy supposed to be the grumpy twin?


June: you have to promise me you won't forget us when you're away...and that you will be a good boy...if you meet a girl...you have to behave you know...


Tobias: MUM! Please!



Tobias: oh, look! university gadgets!


Catherine: umph why don't I get to have some as well? I want the t-shirt!


Tobias: now, let's start the test then!


Amy: test? Oh my...I thought university was all about fun! Being away from home, new friends, parties, music...I didn't know you had to take tests!


Amy: I am sooo never going to university!



Catherine: nor will I...however, I wish I had the chance to meet new people...a guy maybe...at some point...or will I have to die as a hateful spinster? Holy plumbob I certainly do not want that! But up to now...all the boys I've met...were idiots! I want to meet the one...the one that feels like he was made for me...and I for him....but sometimes I wonder if such a person exists, really...



Catherine: Catherine, what are you doing? Stop brooding about stupid things and get into action! You're an active girl, not one of those who gets depressed because she has no boyfriend! So chin up, girl and live on!


Tobias: poor Catherine...I really wish she found someone...please, Hedwig-the-voice, make her find someone...

Don't worry, I think someone's on the way already ;) Someone made for her, as she wishes ;) Right, Kuba? ;)


Alice: hey guys...mum and dad asked if we can all go downstairs...apparently they have something important to tell us...


Michael: really? What could that be?

Arni: so, how did the test go?


Tobias: I got a little scholarship if I take Communications or Physical Education...



June: really! And what will you take then?


Tobias: Science and medicine! 

Arni: uh...

Tobias: even though I didn't get the scholarship, that's what I've always wanted to do...

June: but that's great! Congratulations!

Arni: I still don't see what the test was for, then...


June: please, Toby, don't go, we really need to tell you kids something...please, sit down again...


Tobias: I don't intend to leave, mum, it's just....

Amy: just what?


Tobias: the vision of a freaky IF eating a donut is disgusting me...


Michael: what are you talking about, bro?

Catherine: maybe the idea of university made him go mad...


June: uhm...don't you want to sit down a while, dear? Maybe you'll feel better...


Tobias: no, thanks...I prefer to stand....

Peanut: I'd rather sit down for a while, thank you!

Tobias: *whispers* stupid IF...


Arni: anyway, are you ready to hear the big news? Your mum and I...we thought...with Tobias going to university and little Michael being a little broken hearted...


Michael: a little you say? A little? I'm devastated!

June: we know, dear...but let dad continue...


Arni: What was I saying again? Oh yeah, your mother and I thought that it would be a good moment...to move! New house, new neighborhood...how does that sound?


Alice: so cool! I'd love to see new places! And have a new room and everything!


Tobias: you're moving!


June: we all are!

Tobias: yes, but I won't be there to see the place...I mean, does that mean that when I will be back from university...I'll go back to a brand new place I've never seen?


June: that's pretty it, yeah...


Arni: but it's gonna be exciting! We have talked about this for a while now...and there was a place uncle Theodore and I passed, on our way to Monte Vista that looked like a paradise...with mountains and creeks...a little town on a fjord, a bit secluded perhaps...but very green and nice!


Catherine: so you already know where we're going to live...


Amy: will there be the sea to swim in?

Michael: and you thought to move to some other place than here....

Michael: ...and you never considered...Monte Vista?

June: ...er...


Tobias: well, from what I've heard it's not like the most active town in the world...not many opportunities and not much work...


Catherine: but then if we move to somewhere really green...I think I will like it...I'd like to go jogging in the nature...here the plains are fine too but I guess the mountains will be a brand new landscape to discover!

Tobias: wow I can't believe it...so many changes!


Arni: so, what do you all think? Do you like the idea?


Alice: are you crazy, dad? 


Alice: We love the idea!


Amy: what is wrong with her? I was the crazy one! And the grumpy one. She was the quiet little bookworm girl...what's going on here??? Anyway, I think I'd like to move to somewhere new...and meet new friends...half of the people I know in here are relatives of some kind..


Arni: and don't worry, your cousins may come to see us whenever they wish! The place saw is not that far from here...a little hard to find maybe but not far! So, if you all agree we will pack and move right after Tobias leaves for University!


June: we don't have a house yet, so we'll be staying in a hotel till we find one...

Catherine: a new house....a new place...mountains and woods... isn't it just exciting? Just the new start I needed!


Catherine: maybe I'll find my prince charming who will come and wake me from a long emotional sleep...maybe...hopefully....



And the time of goodbyes came: Tobias was now ready to leave for his new university adventure.



He left too early in the morning and his younger siblings were still asleep, but they had said goodbye the night before.



June and Arni saw their oldest son leave with heavy hearts full of emotions...part of them didn't want the kids to grow, to keep them forever...the other part knew that being a parent meant to provide kids with wings, so that they could fly their own way and find their own path, one day.


Catherine knew she would miss her big brother. They had grown up together and they were very close. But she was excited to move out. She felt her adventures and her life were just about to start, as well.


To be continued....




I hope you liked the chapter! Feel free to leave comments if you like :)
I fear next chapter won't come in a short time since I need to go through a huge uninstall-reinstall process before going on with the story...that's one of the reasons why the Loves will move :P 
The game is way too glitchy and crashes way too often to be bearable...
besides, I myself am going through a big move - it's a new town-new world thing for me as well :)
And now that I think of it, it's fun that the Loves are moving exactly when I am moving! I didn't know I would move when I decided this would be the last chapter in Appaloosa Plains for the Loves :)

Byeeeee! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment