Thursday 30 October 2014

The Love Legacy - Generation 3 Chapter 37

Hello everyone and welcome back to the Love Legacy!

So, last time we left Catherine...making coffee for her new friend Jay! Are they just "painting buddies" as he says.... or are we going to see something more? ;) And who is Jay really and why is he living on a houseboat? Read on to find out!


Catherine: I still think you're very weird...

Jay: who, me? Why?

Catherine: I had to make my own coffee!!!

Jay: well, it's really good...better than the one I would have made...so hey, you win anyway!

Catherine: .... I definitely don't know what I'm doing here...

Jay: you came for coffee, as I suggested?

Catherine: yeah but you're a total stranger...and a very strange...stranger!

Jay: well, then don't ask me what I can't answer! You decided to come back on your own free will...

Catherine: yeah and I've no idea why! I'm not this kind of girl usually...

Jay: don't you like it here? Look at the view!

Catherine: I have to say it's amazing! What's that big building down there? I don't think I've ever been to this part of town!

Jay: it's an amusement park! You should go there, it's fun! I think it's very popular among kids!

Catherine: ....

Jay: er....this coffee is really delicious!

Catherine: .....

Catherine: it's my birthday in a short while you know? I'm not a kid anymore...

Jay: okay okay...sorry I didn't mean that you're a kid...I just thought you might like the park, that's all...

Catherine: .... but you're right on one thing: I'm very good at making coffee at least...

Jay: ....

Jay: hey don't get all gloomy now, it was just a stupid remark! Look, we can go together to the park if you want...adults love it too you know...

Catherine: yeah yeah...

Jay: and I want to show you something else as well! See that big building far away beyond the amusement park? It's an old factory which has been reconverted in....no, I won't tell you, it's gonna be a surprise and I'm sure you will like it!

Catherine: don't feel obliged to do nice things for me because you feel bad for what you said...you don't need to!

Jay: but---

Catherine: so that's what people see in me? Just a kid?

Catherine: Well, better than a burglar anyway... *giggles*

Jay: haha you're funny Cath!

Catherine: no, really, what do you see in me? I need to know...please? And I can't ask any of my friends or family, they would just tell me beautiful things because they love me but you...you're rude sometimes but at least you seem to speak the harsh truth! so tell me...I need to know why I feel so different from the rest of my family! I need to know why I have never fallen in love...why nobody has ever fallen in love with me! Am I that ugly? What's wrong in me?

Jay: OMG will you please stop ranting?

Catherine: I'm not ranting, I'm asking questions! Come on, answer me truthfully, I'm ready!

Jay: I won't answer to all that crap!

Catherine: it's not crap! It's how I feel! Gosh you're so rude!

Jay: and you're so bossy!

Catherine: you just insulted my feelings! Besides, you say I'm bossy but you're not any better! You'll never find a girl if you keep insulting women's feelings!

Jay: rubbish! come on, stop talking and come with me...

Catherine: you haven't answered my questions!

Jay: I told you, I don't answer to stupid questions. I'll show you something beautiful instead...

Catherine: what?

Jay: just look!

Catherine: what---....oh wow...I didn't know sunset could be so beautiful in here...wow...I'm speechless!

Jay: oh, I'd so wish that!

Catherine: oh you shut up...Anyway, thanks for bringing me here...it's really amazing...I had never seen this part of the world...

Jay: that's because you don't have a houseboat! Or well, you could also swim to the middle of the fjord and see the same landscape, but you don't look like a good swimmer...

Catherine: again, rude?! How can you tell anyway? I'm quite fit, I jog everyday!

Jay: well, you can't beat me anyway! I swim from one side of the other of the fjord every morning at dawn!

Catherine: no you don't...

Jay: how can you tell?

Catherine: because...I don't know...I can't picture you swimming in the cold water of the fjord at early morning! That idea is just too funny*giggles*

Jay: wait wait wait, are you really trying to imagine me wearing a swimming trunk here?

Catherine: no I'm not...well, I don't know, I think you would look funny wearing swimming trunks and swimming in the fjord at dawn! You're totally not doing that, you're just teasing me!

Jay: again, how can you tell? You're not here when I wake up to witness!! Besides excuse me but I do think I look good in my swimming outfit...I have a nice body you know...

Catherine: *giggles* oh, how modest....

Catherine: .......

Jay: .... oh, please, you're not picturing my nice body in swimming outfit, are you? Seriously Catherine, you should stop doing that *giggles*

Catherine: what! I was not---whatever, this conversation is getting a bit weird...

Jay: yeah...but hey, you're the one who's thinking of my body, not the other way round!

Catherine: oh yeah, of course, now I'm not even----thinkable!

Jay: argh, please, girl, stop it! Do you really lack of self confidence or are you in need of attention?

Catherine: what! Stop hurting my feelings! Why don't you understand how I feel? Anyway, for your information I am neither! I have just arrived at that point in life when you start wondering about things that don't look great in your life...

Jay: well you know what?

Catherine: what?

Jay: if you want my advice...stop thinking! And if you think you don't like something in your life, then change it!

Catherine: but what if it's something I can't change? What if something's wrong with me but I don't know what it is? That's why I asked you, Jay...you don't know me and I don't know you...you're the only one who can have an objective perspective! That's why I need to know what was your first impression of me...

Jay: I thought you were a teen burglar.

Catherine: ...y-yes, thank you for your ever true words Jay. But then why did you ask me for coffee? You don't do that with any burglar-lookalike people?

Jay: I told you, I don't know why!

Catherine: oh yes you do...please? I need to know...

Jay: okay, I thought you were very annoying.

Catherine: wow. Thank you. You know how to pay compliments...

Jay: well you asked for the truth so...

Catherine: yes I did. My bad! Go on then...

Jay: I thought you were annoying. And I didn't like to see you on my houseboat. But....

Catherine: but?



Jay: okay, okay, I thought you looked cute...and strangely familiar...weird isn't it? So I found myself asking you to come back before I knew it. I didn't think you would actually, you surprised me...happy now?

Catherine: you know what? I do have the same feeling!

Jay: oh, do you think I'm cute? Wow thanks...

Catherine: I meant, I think you look strangely familiar! Have we met before maybe?

Jay: I don't think so...I would have remembered such an annoying girl *smiles*

Catherine: and I would have remembered such a rude guy as well *smiles*

Jay: touché!

Catherine: I think I have to go now...it's getting late and I don't want get my family worried...

Jay: of course not, I'll drive you back right now!

Catherine: thanks...

Catherine: hey, despite everything...it's been a great afternoon...thank you...

Jay: well, despite everything, you're welcome...

Catherine: I thought I was totally crazy to come here for coffee, I thought you could be a criminal or something...

Jay: wow, you too are great at compliments! Do I look like a criminal in your eyes?

Catherine: well...I didn't know you so...

Jay: great. That's just great.

Catherine: sorry....

Jay: no no no, we're being very honest with each other so...

Catherine: but hey, you thought I was a burglar, we can set up a criminal business together! *giggles*

Jay: *smiles* well, at least you're finally seeing the funny side of life...come on, let's go back...

Catherine: hey...one last thing...

Jay: what is it...

Catherine: did you really think I looked cute? *giggles*

Jay: ..........

Catherine: well, you said so yourself...tell me again please? *giggles*

Jay: yes, I did think you looked cute. Happy?

Catherine: yes *smiles*

Jay: ... but then I got to know you better and thought you're too annoying to be cute!

Catherine: hey!



Jay: so, same time same place tomorrow?

Catherine: what??

Jay: no wait, it's Saturday tomorrow, maybe you can come earlier and I'll bring you to the old warehouse! I think you'll like it...

Catherine: I thought I was too annoying to be a cute company...

Jay: well, you need to have some annoyance in life, otherwise it gets too boring! Don't you think so? *smiles*


Catherine: hey guys! What are you doing?

Amy: carving pumpkins, isn't it obvious?

Alice: Amy, don't be rude...

Catherine: ...what's going on here?

Tobias: yay, you're home!

Amy: well, that was about time ...

Catherine: Amy, what's wrong? I don't remember we were having a fight...

Amy: honestly, you really don't know?

Catherine: no? Toby? Can you tell me?


Tobias: well, they thought you would wait for them to get out of school...

Amy: you forgot us...

Catherine: I'm so sorry I didn't know it meant so much to you! Tell her, Toby...


Alice: don't get so upset Amy...she didn't forget us, I'm sure something more fun than waiting for her kid sisters came up...

Amy: exactly! That's so sad...

Alice: but you have to admit, Amy, that if a certain friend of yours had not been ill today, you wouldn't have minded Catherine not being there to pick us up, would you?

Amy: ....

Tobias: so, where have you been this afternoon?

Catherine: er...away...with some friends you know...

Michael: uhm...that sounds a bit vague...did you get yourself a boyfriend, sis?

Catherine: what! Of course not...

Tobias: well, it would be just about time you did, Cath...

Catherine: oh stop it...

Michael: well, that's nothing bad with you having a boyfriend you know...you can tell us!

June: so, have you done anything interesting today at school?

Amy: nope. Nothing happened. None cared about us.

Catherine: oh, drop it...

June: what's that?

Alice: nothing, Amy just had a bad day...

Amy: ...

Arni: sorry to hear that kid...but the day is almost over and tomorrow is a new day! Speaking of which, I can't believe it's Spooky Day in two days already! Which means, the day you're leaving for University again is close, Toby...

Catherine: what! Are you going back already?

Tobias: yeah...I think I'll leave on Spooky Day afternoon...I'm sorry I won't be here for the usual party but...I talked to my friends...and Scarlette...and if we don't get the house on Sunday the owner is going to rent it to someone else so...I really need to go....

Catherine: but...my birthday is not even a week away! You can't miss my birthday Toby!

Tobias: I'm sorry Cath...I really am...but there really isn't another way....

Catherine: ....

Alice: but dad, maybe we could move up our Spooky Day costume party! We can do it tomorrow night so Toby will be here! What do you think?

Michael: but it's not Spooky Day tomorrow...

June: well, that could be an option actually...what do you think Toby?

Tobias: I'd love that...I'm sorry to create so much trouble though...

Amy: no troubles, it'd be great to celebrate two Spooky Days this year!

Tobias: and Catherine, I'm really sorry about your birthday....

Catherine: well, I could always move that up too you know....

June: would you really do that Cath?

Catherine: yeah, I'm growing up anyway...and I really want Toby to be there so...I think we can celebrate my birthday on Spooky Day...before Toby leaves...is that okay?

Arni: oh my....another kid growing up...I'm not sure I can handle that....

Tobias: come on dad, it's not that bad after all! Besides, Catherine decided not to attend University so she'll stay with you!

Arni: yes, I think I like that...

Tobias: so, Cath, tomorrow is going to be your last day as a teen! What do you plan to do?

Catherine: I don't know yet *smiles*

Arni: uhm...that broad smile is suspect....

June: oh, please....

Catherine: so...this is my last but one night as a teen ager...exciting!

Amy: I don't see what's exciting in growing up...

Catherine: I don't know...but I can't stop smiling!

Michael: I say it again: that's much suspect! *giggles*

Tobias: but I'm sad, this is also going the last but one night we spend together!

Alice: well, that won't be forever...

Tobias: I'll be home before Snowflake Day, promise!

Amy: but you won't be home to see us grow up I think...I don't like that!

Alice: well, you can't stop the world from going on just because you wish to get all the attention, Amy...

Amy: I do not wish that! I just think it's unfair...Toby was here for Michael and now for Catherine too...I just wish my big brother was there for my birthday as well, I don't see anything bad in it!

Alice: whatever...

Amy: anyway, have you made up your mind about Spooky Day?


Alice: not yet....

Amy: come on, it's gonna be fun! Mark said---

Alice: I don't care what he said! I still think it's a very stupid idea!

Tobias: what idea?

Alice: Mark said we should go visit some haunted house...at the end of town...or something like that...how mad is that?

Amy: it's not mad, it's cool! Everybody's going, we can't stay at home! You're so lame sis!

Alice: well, if not wanting to get myself into a haunted house full of ghosts and who knows whatever else is lame, well I'm lame! Sorry about that sis...if you don't like it, find yourself a cooler sister...or someone else to go with!

Amy: oh come on, there will be me and Mark, and our classmates as well! It will be fun!

Alice: well then, you go with them, you don't need me!

Amy: you know I can't go without you Alice! Pretty please?

Catherine: but why don't you want to go Alice?

Alice: I'm not interested in being scared, thank you very much...

Catherine: but if all the other kids are going it mustn't be too scary...maybe it's a Spooky Day kids attraction! There won't be true ghosts, just made up things!

Alice: then, it's a very stupid place to be...

Amy: oh, please!! You can't leave me alone, Alice, I really want to go!

Alice: you only want to go because Mark asked you...

Amy: ...well, but still, please, come with me?

Tobias: you know what? I think I got an idea....

Alice: what idea?

Tobias: I think someone else should come with you, one of us!

Catherine: but you won't be here Toby...and it's gonna be my birthday I...have other plans...

Amy: well, of course you do.....as always.....

Alice: oh don't bother, let Amy go alone if she wants it so badly...

Michael: I can come if you want! I don't have anything else planned for Spooky Day...and since we're having our costume party the day before...I think I can come with you to this haunted place!


Amy: see? It's not gonna be scary if Michael is with us! Nothing bad can happen! Happy?

Alice: uhm....I still think it's a stupid idea...

Amy: oh come on!

Michael: yeah, don't worry Alice, it's gonna be fun! Besides I'm sure it's just a Spooky Day attraction...we'll have fun all together as in old times!

Alice: uhm...okay then I'll come with you...

Amy: yesss!

Alice: I'll go do my homework now...good night siblings...

Arni: uhm....I think the kids are plotting something...

June: oh, don't worry, it's just about some Spooky Day attraction they want to go to...the twin's whole class is going, I think there's nothing bad if they join...besides, I think it will be good for Alice, to be outside, with people...I worry about her sometimes...

Arni: yeah but still...they're just kids!

June: haven't you heard? Michael is going with them...

Arni: yeah that's true...

June: don't worry, it's just kids stuff!

Oh by the way, meet the new addition to the household! Amy and Alice captured two squirrels!



Alice's chipmunk is named Chip...



...while Amy's squirrel is named Jonathan!

Tobias: and we've been having squirrels in the house...how long?

Amy: tonight!

Alice: we found them wandering in the garden...they're soooo cute!

Catherine couldn't care less of the new additions...not because she didn't like animals, which she did, but because she couldn't stop thinking of a certain someone...

Hey Cath...Cath!

Catherine: what?

Nothing, just wondering what you were thinking of...or *cough cough* whom *cough cough*

Catherine: I don't know...I can't help it! He's a bit weird and he's a jerk sometimes...and there are times I really wish to punch him in the face but.....

But?

Catherine: there are some other times when he's really sweet...like he was a totally different person...although I have to admit that his dark side is so mysterious so....attractive...besides I feel like I've met him before...in a past life maybe?

But he's a bit too old for you, maybe?

Catherine: well, not when I age up, you know...

So ... I was wondering...if maybe... your brother leaving has little to do with your decision of speeding up your birthday?

Catherine: *smiles* well, he still considers me as a painting buddy, that's what he said...but maybe, when I grow up...he could see me as a woman? Although I have to say that there have been times when I thought...you know...

What?

Catherine: when I thought that he might like me! When it looked like he was about to...you know...kiss me? Even though I'm still a teen...but then he always ended being a jerk so I can't really tell.

Amy: Alice...it's midnight...can we speed our homework up a bit?

Alice: I can't concentrate! I don't know how to solve this equation...

Amy: neither do I, you're the genius! So please tell your brain to solve it, so I can copy it and we can go to bed!

Alice: why don't you ask Mark?

Amy: he's crap at maths...just like me...you're our only hope sis!

Michael was also doing his homework in the heart of the night...but he had chosen to work outside!

June: poor Michael...sometimes I wonder if he feels lonely...I do hope he finds some new friends here...


Hey Cath! Are you awake already? It's 5 a.m.!

Catherine: yeah I know...I set my alarm clock!

Why?

Catherine: I've got something to do...

Catherine: hopefully nobody will notice me and ask questions...I told Toby and Michael that I had to leave early to visit a school friend who was moving away to Bridgeport...how clever is that!

Arni: hey girl! Where are you going so early in the morning?

Catherine: er...hey dad...sorry I'm on a rush...

Arni: a rush? To where exactly?

Catherine: I...er...I need to go see my friend who's moving away to Bridgeport! I need to say goodbye you know...

Arni: oh...that's sad your friend is moving...which friend of yours is moving?

Catherine: er...a friend from school, I told you! Sorry but I really need to go now, bye daddy!

Catherine: ....

June: hey love, what's up? Why the shocked face?

Arni: it's Catherine...I think...she hates me!

June: what!!?? No way...

Arni: but she was...so cold...she was rushing out to say goodbye to some friend but...she was almost rude with me!

Arni: I don't like that our kids are growing up...I prefer them when they're young and loving...

June: oh don't say that...they'll always be our beloved kids and they'll always love us...maybe in a different way!


June: but I do agree, Catherine's been behaving quiete strangely lately...maybe she's just seeing someone!

Arni: what do you mean by seeing someone...like...a boyfriend? No way, she's too young for that...

June: no she's not! Remember us? At her age?

Arni: oh yes, I do remember...

June: so don't worry, if she is really seeing someone she will tell us when she feels like it...and we'll be there for her when she does!

Arni: yes we will...it's just a bit unsettling to see them grow up...they're going to have their own families soon...

Catherine: wow...my last day as a teen...and I get this weather!

Catherine: oh look! He a new painting...a winking bunny! It matches my pink coat...cute!

Catherine: oh my did I really ring the bell? I'm so nervous...maybe he's not at home...maybe I should just leave...

Jay: hey kiddo!

Catherine: oh my...too late...

Jay: What are you doing lingering there in the cold? Come on in!

Catherine: er...hi...thanks...and it's pretty cold today, yeah...

Jay: you turned up earlier than I expected! Not that I'm not pleased to see you but..isn't a bit early to visit people? 6 a.m.?

Catherine: sorry I...the thing is I'm not going to have much time today so...I thought I would come earlier...

Jay: to spend more time with me! Aww how sweet of you, thank you!

Catherine: what! *blushes*

Catherine: anyway, the thing is, my big brother is leaving for University tomorrow....

Jay: but it's Spooky Day...

Catherine: yeah I know but he said he has to...anyway, the thing is, my family traditionally organize a costume party on Spooky Day but since Toby will be away...

Jay: Toby?

Catherine: my big brother - since he will be away we decided to hold the party tonight! That's why I don't have much time...

Jay: oh...cool...and what does this have to do with me?

Catherine: because you're invited!

Jay: oh really?

Catherine: yeah! mum and dad said we can bring friends so...you can come! If you want, that is...

Jay: wow, cool! Thanks...but I'm not used to being around many people at once...I'm quite introvert you know...and generally people don't really approve of me...

Catherine: oh rubbish, I will be there you know, you can talk to me and forget the rest! And if you feel like I can introduce you to my brothers, they're nice!

Jay: okay then...I guess I'll see then...

Catherine: great!

Jay: but hey, if you don't have much time we'd better move! I want to take you to the place I mentioned yesterday...

Catherine: great! What is it exactly?

Jay: that's a surprise! But I'm sure you'll like it!

Catherine: good, let's get going then!

Catherine: oh look, it's raining!

Jay: I kinda had noticed you know...being soaked and all...but you don't need to get soaked as well, you can get in if you want!

Catherine: but I like rain!

Catherine: hey, what is that place? I've never seen it...

Jay: you'd better stay away from there...it's the criminal hideout...bad people lurk in that area...

Catherine: okay...and I think I'll go inside now, I'm freezing!

Jay: there we are...almost there...

Catherine: uhm...I think we stopped... Jay? Are we there yet?

Jay: no.

Catherine: what!? So why are we stopping? I thought we had arrived...to the mysterious place!

Catherine: come on, tell me what is it...

Jay: nope.

Catherine: come on, it's my birthday tomorrow!

Jay: oh really? I didn't know it would be so soon...


Catherine: well, it was supposed to be in a few days time but...with Toby leaving and...everything...

Jay: everything?


Catherine: I thought to speed things up a bit and celebrate before he leaves! I would invite you to my birthday party as well but...I think we'll just have a family thing so...



Jay: no worries, that's okay...I'm a bit hurt though...

Catherine: oh really? I'm so sorry it's just---
Jay: I'm joking! You're so easy to tease Cath!

Catherine: why do you have to tease me, like, all the time!


Jay: because it's fun?

Catherine: not much fun for me...

Jay: anyway, do you want to see the secret place or not?

Catherine: of course, I asked you---

Jay: then what are you waiting for, let's just go!

Catherine: I was not waiting, I had asked you if---oh never mind....

Jay: so, seeing that is' raining heavily we'll have to run! But it's not far...

Catherine: okay....

Jay: can you run?

Catherine: of course I can! I jog every morning, almost, remember?

Jay: right, come on then! Don't get lost!

Catherine: I'm not a kid, I'm not getting lost!



Catherine: why did we stop now? I'm soaking!

Jay: look at this! It's the amusement park I told you about...none's around when it rains...quite fascinating isn't it?

Catherine: uhm...I guess? Can we move on now? I'm cold!

Jay: of course, of course...follow me then!

Catherine: but...we're in the woods! Jay, where are we going?

Jay: shortcut! You'll see!

Jay: there, that's the place!

Catherine: a warehouse?

Jay: not just a warehouse...I told you about this place if you remember...it was an old factory but it's now...

Jay: an art studio!

Catherine: wow!


Jay: I thought...you might like it...I hope you do...otherwise we can just leave you know...

Catherine: oh don't go all shy now! Of course I like it! Thank you so much, I had never been here before!

Catherine: wow!!!! A whole room for painting!! Are they holding classes in here? Amazing!

Jay: I knew you would like it! Wait till you see your birthday present!


Catherine: what? Did you get me a present? Wow...thank you...but how did you know...I just told you when my birthday is!

Jay: well, it's not a real present...just a surprise...and since it's your birthday tomorrow I thought it was most appropriate!

Jay: ta dah!

Catherine: what is that?

Jay: it's a furnace!

Catherine: er...is that my birthday present?

Jay: well, not the furnace of course, but what you can make with that!

Catherine: meaning?

Jay: really, have you never seen a furnace before?

Catherine: nope...

Jay: oh dear...a furnace is used to blow glass!

Catherine: really? Wow!

Jay: yeah! And you can do objects, or stained windows...or jewelry!

Catherine: jewelry!!

Jay: I knew you would be interested in that!

Jay: I actually thought I would make you a pair of earrings...if you like...do you like earrings?

Catherine: oh my, really? That is so sweet Jay! I do love earrings...that's such a nice thought...

Jay: well then okay, but stop it please there is really no need to be so cheesy!

Catherine: hahaha but it's fun to see you being bashful! Maybe I should continue...

Jay: one more cheesy word and you lose your birthday present!



Catherine: okay okay then...but hey, are you sure you can really make glass earrings? In this thing?

Jay: of course I am!

Catherine: uhm...and where have you learnt? On your houseboat?

Jay: of course not...I learnt...

Catherine: yes?


Jay: *sighs* I learnt when I was a kid. My dad taught me.

Catherine: oh really! Wow that's so nice of your dad! Is he a professional glass blower?

Jay: he's dead.

Catherine: ouch...I'm sorry...for your dad...

Jay: Well can't do anything about it anyway. But now, the more you keep talking the more you risk to lose your present! And we don't want that, do we?

Catherine: no, of course not...

Jay: good, so move over and let me work!

Catherine: Jay....

Jay: what...

Catherine: I'm sorry...I didn't mean to intrude in your private life...

Jay: For the records, I don't like to talk about...what's past.

Catherine: okay...but I'm sorry...it must have been tough...

Jay: how can you know?

Catherine: I guess?

Jay: well, don't talk about what you don't know. And you're talking too much.

Catherine: it's true, I don't know...I can't know if you don't talk to me...and I understand if you don't want to talk but...but if you need to talk...or if you need a hug...I'm here...

Jay: well, thanks for the offer but I need neither.

Catherine: and for some reason I suspected that!

Jay: don't make that sorry face, please! I don't want you to pity me!

Catherine: how can you see my face really? You're standing behind me!

Jay: hello? Everything's made of glass in here, reflection!

Catherine: *giggles* but---

Jay: stop. I don't want to talk about sad things that happened in the past. I live in the present now. And I'm just about to give you your birthday present, and we don't want it to be a sad moment right?

Catherine: right! But are you sure you're okay?

Jay: yeah told ya, stop worrying!

Jay: And...happy early birthday!

Catherine: wow...you really have a present for me...

Jay: of course I did, I told ya! Have you forgotten already?


----------------Unluckily you can't see the earrings with that hairstyle, so here's a picture :D ----------
----------------------------------------------


Catherine: You really made me glass earrings...they're beautiful....thank you!

Jay: of course I did! Were you doubting me?

Catherine: I wasn't sure you could actually make them...I mean, you're always joking around I never know when you say something serious!

Jay: well, I was being very serious...

Catherine: thank you Jay...thank you so much!

Jay: you're welcome...

Jay: hey, don't need to be so serious now!

Catherine: I....I feel like crying!

Jay: what! My earrings must have been really ugly then!

Catherine: no!!! They're wonderful!!! It's just...

Jay: I hoped to make you smile, not cry...

Catherine: I am smiling! And crying at the same time!

Jay: how can someone possibly do that! Oh yeah, women...

Catherine: *giggles* you make me! You make me laugh, and cry, and laugh while I'm crying!

Jay: I do have a weird effect on people, I admit it...

Catherine: stop it, I'm trying to be serious here!

Jay: please don't get too emotional...I'm allergic to emotions!

Catherine: what I'm trying to say is---

Jay: there, stop crying...I don't like to see you cry...

Catherine: Jay....

Jay: besides, you have a wonderful smile...

Catherine: ah....J-Jay....I---

Jay: but hey, time to go now! Or you'll be late for your party!

Catherine: wh-what?!

Jay: I thought there was a party going on at your place?

Catherine: y-yeah...and you're invited too!


Jay: are you sure you want me to come?

Catherine: yes...please...

Jay: okay then...I'll see what I can do...

Jay: so, we're back...see, I brought you back in time for your party...I am a good and reliable guy!

Catherine: well, thank you...for the day...and the earrings...

Jay: no problem...

Catherine: you know, we're actually quite early for my party...maybe I could stay five minutes more!

Jay: as you wish!

Jay: I'll light a fire then, it's getting quite cold in here!

Catherine: now that's better...


Catherine: but how am I supposed to warm up if you take all the heat to yourself?

Jay: alright alright...better? You got the best spot!

Catherine: definitely...but you got the pillows!

Jay: well, you can't get everything you know...


Catherine: so tell me something about yourself...

Jay: what exactly do you want to know? And don't ask about my family or my past because you already know I don't wanna talk about that.


Catherine: okay okay so...uhm...why do you live in a house boat?

Jay: what kind of question is that?

Catherine: I don't know, I'm curious! I have never met anyone living in a houseboat before!

Jay: well...because it's cool!

Catherine: what kind of answer is that!

Jay: well, it's the truth!

Catherine: no it's not! Tell me the truth...

Jay: I don't know...I like boats?

Catherine: oh stop it, I know you don't want to tell me...

Jay: I did tell you!

Catherine: not the whole truth! There must be a story behind it...a dark secret you don't want to reveal!

Jay: like what, might I ask?

Catherine: I don't know...maybe...maybe you're running away from something...maybe you're hiding!

Jay: oh really?

Catherine: maybe you live on a houseboat because you can move wherever you like, whenever you like...just in case what or who you're hiding from finds you...
Jay: wow I seem to be a very mysterious person!

Catherine: you are! I am sure you have secrets...dark secrets maybe!

Jay: and what makes you think so?


Catherine: I don't know...you're very mysterious indeed! Besides, one moment you're a perfect gentleman, the next moment you're a jerk!

Jay: well, that's what I'm like...which side do you like the most? *smiles*

Catherine: .... both?

Jay: *sighs* Catherine...


Catherine: wait...maybe...you're a spy! An international spy and you're under cover! That's why you don't want to talk about yourself... I like that *giggles*

Jay: and what if you were right?

Catherine: about what? Oh my, are you really an international spy?

Jay: maybe I do have secrets...maybe there are things I'm not telling you...but what if they're not good things? What if you eventually find out...that I'm a bad guy?

Catherine: well...I don't think you are bad *giggles*

Jay: you don't think but you can't really know...can you?

Catherine: I...I would like you anyway, Jay...even though you were hiding horrible secrets...

Jay: you say so because you can't really know! Cath, I think you should go home now...

Catherine: what? But...why...I thought---

Jay: because your party is going to start soon...



Catherine: of course...I'll be going then...

Jay: Catherine....I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude but---

Catherine: the invitation still stands, if you want to come over...wear a costume!

Michael: Cath! You're home! Great! Now we can get the party started, woo hoo!

Catherine: I didn't know you liked costume parties so much...what's your costume, by the way?

Michael: I'm a scary skeleton!

Catherine: okay...

Michael: what will you be?

Catherine: I think I'll be a princess...

Michael: a princess? It's not really like you...why a princess?

Catherine: well, for the records, I loved dressing up as a princess when I was a kid...

Michael: yeah but...you don't look like a princess to me now...more like wonder woman or something like that!

Catherine: why thank you brother...

Michael: sorry about that...but it's the truth! Why a princess? Unless...hey, are you expecting someone...special? *grins*

Catherine: oh shut up...

Michael: you are!!! Dad! Catherine's invited her boyfriend over!

Arni: what!

Catherine: oh shut that mouth up Michael, I have just invited a few friends...from school! Don't listen to him dad....

Jay: ..............

Michael: I still think you invited your boyfriend... I knew you had a crush on someone!

Catherine: sorry to disappoint you brother, but I just invited some friends...

Jay: this party is soooo boring...

Catherine: ah---

Amy: look! We have a new hot-dog in the house!

Catherine: Jay! You really came! And you....oh my goodness...why did you dress up as a hot dog?

Jay: umph...not that I like this costume, really....it seems to be quite a popular and stupid costume, I assumed many people would be wearing it...I just thought I would be less recognizable or noticeable dressed like this...

Catherine: not in this family I'm afraid...

Jay: why?

Michael: dad! Look! I told you Catherine had a boyfriend!

Arni: oh my! We have an hot-dog guy now! It must be serious...

Jay: excuse me?!!

Catherine: er....long story...I'll tell you later...

Jay: uhm...know what? I just realized I forgot I had to be somewhere else...I think I gotta go...bye!

Catherine: Jay...

Michael: wow, that was quick...

Arni: hahahaha that's so funny!

Catherine: that's not funny at all, dad....you scared him away! And he's not my boyfriend, clear?

Michael: are you sure?

Mark: uhm....was that your sister's boyfriend?

Amy: seems so...

Mark: wow, poor guy...he must have been really scared...

Amy: poor Catherine! That was so not nice of him!

Mark: uh...yeah, of course...anyway, about tomorrow...

Mark: are you coming?

Amy: yeah sure! And Alice is coming too...

Mark: okay....

Amy: and Michael!

Mark: your big brother? Why?

Michael: any issue with that, boy?

Mark: uh....nope...

Alice: I still think it's not a great idea...but I'm happy Michael is coming with us...

Bald guy: hey, lovely princess, fancy a dance?

Arni: don't you dare talk to my kid like that again...

Catherine: dad....please...

Bald guy: wow, that man is way overprotective of his daughters, isn't he?

Mark: I shall hope not...

Jay: ....and don't you dare annoy her any longer!

Bald guy: wow, and what's his deal? Everyone is being way overprotective of the pretty princess here!

Jay: was that guy annoying you?

Catherine: Jay! You came back!

Jay: of course I did...that guy was annoying you...I needed to shoo him away!

Catherine: but I thought you had left...because my family had scared you...

Jay: well, a bit but still....besides, I couldn't leave the only Spooky Day party I'm invited to, could I? *winks*

Catherine: ooh yeah, of course not...

Alien girl: hello sir, I came here to conquer your house...and the cookie jar! Mind if I come in?

Arni: wow that sounds scary! Come on in, cookies are on the buffet table!

Alien girl: thank you sir...

Random boy: so, do you always wear long hair and yellow tunic and crown?

Tobias: er...nope, it's just a costume...

Random boy: aha....it looks like a yellow drape held by an ugly belt to me...

Tobias: yes, because, as I said, it's not a regular dress, it's a made up costume!

Random boy: uhm.....

Jay: and so I though: hey man, you can't just leave the party like that! And I turned back, and through the window I saw that ugly guy annoying you and here I am!

June: .....

Jay: besides, I knew there must have been a detail I was missing...of course, I didn't know your family history!

Catherine: well, I hope it doesn't annoy you too much...

Jay: well, now that you've told me the story I understand I just chose the wrong costume, that's all! Just a big misunderstanding!

Catherine: yeah...of course...a misunderstanding...of course...I'm sorry then...

June: ...and who is this guy....I don't think I like him...

Random teen age boy: hahaha that old man is wearing a hot-dog costume!

June: do you know him?

Random teen age boy: nope..

June: then you're useless! Get out of the way, I need to find out more about this guy...

Michael: so? If you have anything to say about me coming with you to the haunted house tomorrow say it now...


Mark: I...it's just...I didn't know teens were invited too...

Amy: well, Alice didn't want to come because she was scared, so Michael offered to come with us...it was the only way to have her come with!

Mark: okay...but I think I'll be enough protection for the both of you in there, there was no need to bring someone else...

Amy: uhm...are you sure? I think you're just going to run away when we sight the first ghost... 

Mark: that is not true!

Amy: I think you're going to be way more scared than we will! *giggles*

Catherine: I'm sorry if this whole thing is bothering you...I didn't think it would scare you away...

June: ....

Jay: *whispers* it's not annoying really...nor it bothers me much to be considered your...well, whatever, I just said that because I think your mum was listening! *winks*

Catherine: oh...really?

Jay: yeah, she was just behind me listening to every word I said...

Catherine: no, I meant...

Jay: of course I'm too old to be your prince charming but---

Catherine: no you're not!

Jay: okay then....good! Because, it's fun really! And you really look like a pretty princess tonight!

Catherine: well, that was the idea...

Jay: I'm sorry then, I fear you'll have to stand a not so charming hot-dog instead of a charming prince...

Catherine: *giggles* I like charming hot-dogs...it runs in the family apparently...

Jay: *smiles* so...wanna dance?

June: I so don't like this....

Alice: what's up mum?

Michael: I think she doesn't like Catherine's new friend!

Arni: hey guys, what's up?

Alice: why did you take off your costume dad? I liked having a tiger daddy!

Arni: oh don't worry, I just went outside but I'm gonna wear my tiger costume again soon! What's wrong with your mother?

Alice: she doesn't like Catherine's boyfriend!

Arni: she said they were friends...

June: well, he can't really be her boyfriend, can he?I mean, did you notice how old he is?

Arni: well, he's not that old...and Catherine is going to grow up soon so...wait, what am I saying! I don't like that guy either!

June: oh Arni I'm so happy we're together in this...

June: so what shall we do?

Arni: and you thought I was mad at being worried!

June: I know, I'm sorry...but...we need to find out more about this guy, he doesn't seem to be the right one for her...

Arni: alright, so what's the plan?

Jay: hey...are you talking about me?

June: Toby...Toby! Come here quick!

Tobias: uh..who's this guy?

Tobias: He looks vaguely familiar...

Alice: that's because he's wearing a hot-dog costume, bro....

Alice: aaah adults make life is so complicated! While instead it could be so simple... and it seems love makes everything worse...I think I'm never going to fall in love, way too complicated! Reading about love in my books is way better...I think I'll just stick to that!

June: so...Toby...do you know him?

Tobias: I'm not sure...I think I've seen him somewhere...but I can't remember where...

June: maybe he was teaching at your university? I knew he was old!

Tobias: no mum, he's not old! I think he might be my age!

June: still, too old for Catherine...

Tobias: not that much, mum! Be reasonable!

June: I don't like him...for some strange reason...it's my sixth sense Toby! I usually like people but...I don't like this kind of guys!

Tobias: what kind of guys? Those that wear hot-dog costumes? Honestly mum you don't even know how he looks like..without the costume...

June: stop teasing your mummy! Of course I know how he looks like...he looks like the kind of guy who should not be with your sister! Come on, go talk to him and find something out!

Mark: poor hot dog guy, he's gonna have an hard time....

Amy: it's not likely for mum to be jealous! I do hope she won't be like that when I will introduce my boyfriend to the family...

Mark: I shall hope so!

Amy: why?

Mark: well, if it was me, I wouldn't like to be in that position!

Amy: what position? Like, my boyfriend's position?

Mark: no! I didn't mean that...

Amy: why, thank you...so you'll never be my boyfriend...okay then...I'll just go find someone else! *giggles*

Mark: no! You got it wrong I meant---er---

Amy: hahahah teasing you is so funny Mark!

Michael: hey sis, are you ever going to introduce me to your....friend?

Catherine: er...yeah of course! Michael, this is Jay...Jay, this is my little brother Michael...

Jay: howdy!

Michael: how old are you Jay?

Jay: hey!

Catherine: Michael! What kind of question is that!

Michael: well, everybody here is wondering about that, so I just thought to stop the guessing and ask..

Jay: clever boy...I like you!

Catherine: Michael....

Catherine: it's not something you just ask like that!

Michael: like what?

Catherine: as if implying that he's very old?

Jay: hey I'm not old okay? Not that old anyway! How old do you think I am?

Catherine: er....I couldn't say, really....

Michael: hey Toby, how old do you think Catherine's friend is?

Jay: what is this, a game?

Tobias: er...I don't think he's very old since we might be the same age...


Jay: oh good, finally an answer I like!

Tobias: hi, I'm Toby, Catherine's older brother...

Jay: hello... I'm Jay...

Catherine: okay guys let's just stop this stupid game, it's making my friend feel uncomfortable...

Tobias: hey, have we met before? You look familiar...

Jay: not that I know of...but now that I think of it, your face isn't new either...but it's not the same kind of feeling I have for Catherine...

Tobias: well, of course, because that wouldn't be appropriate I guess!

Jay: gosh, I just meant I feel Catherine is familiar too...but more familiar than your face anyway!

Catherine: maybe we have all met in a previous life!

Tobias: yes, I like this! Or maybe you just look familiar because of your costume...you know, my girlfriend---

Jay: yeah I know I know, Catherine told me all about it...so you're the one who started this hot dog loving tradition!

Tobias: well I...

Catherine: oh, don't be bashful Toby! It's a lovely story! Especially when she turned up with that costume again at your Spooky Day party!

Jay: er...what?

Tobias: well, I didn't know she remembered our first meeting when we were teen agers...so I never mentioned it to her...but then she turned up dressed in a hot-dog costume! And then I knew she had never forgotten...

Catherine: awww that is so romantic...I can't wait to meet her!

Jay: I can imagine. Really.

Michael: no, really, you couldn't care less! Hahahaha Cath, I think we're boring your friend! And we don't want him to take the flight again!

Catherine: oh please, Mickey... I'll go get drinks...

Jay: actually I think I should go...

Michael: no man, please, I was only joking...we don't want to scare you away!

Catherine: yes, Jay, don't go...they're just...I'll deal with them later, I promise!

Jay: haha don't worry, your brothers are okay...but I think I can't survive to your mother's death stare a second longer...

Catherine: what?

Jay: she's been death staring at us since I came in...I think it's time for me to leave...

Catherine: no she has not...

Jay: believe me, I know when someone doesn't like me! Oh, and your dad has been overhearing our conversation from the toilet by the way...

Catherine: I don't think he would do such a thing...

Arni: .... who on earth opened that door?

Random teen age boy: hello sir, mind if I use the toilet?

Arni: damn, boy, you just gave me away!

June: how could he have possibly seen us? He was ogling at my daughter way too much...

Jay: so...I guess it's time to say goodbye...

Catherine: okay then...thank you for coming Jay, really, it meant a lot to me...

Jay: the same doesn't apply to your family but still, thanks for inviting me....

Catherine: so I guess I'll see y----

Jay: have a lovely birthday tomorrow Cath...and I'll see you soon...

Catherine: ah.....

June: ....!!!!

June: what the heck is he doing! Hands off my daughter you creep!

Alice: mum, calm down! He's just hugging her, that's very kind of him!

June: they should. not. hug!

.............

Random teen boy: ...and then it was like aaargh! And I was like oh my goodness! It was a real mummy you know...

Michael: yeah, right, of course.... good. Now, will you please leave? Telling horror stories in the toilet...is just not cool! Especially if one needs it for its original purpose...




To be continued.....



I hope you liked the chapter :) Next one will be a little Halloween Special! I was planning to release it on Halloween...but my game is not being cooperative....it just keeps crashing and I just waste hours without getting anything done...soooo annoying :@ Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter and...fingers crossed for next one :D

Byeeee!



2 comments:

  1. OOoooh! I'm caught up now!! I enjoy Catherine and Jay's relationship.
    -XTremeGnomeS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellooo ^_^ I'm glad you like it :D hope you're doing well! Have a lovely Sunday!

      Delete